This article is about:
- Accessing your RP1.VC portal and registering your rooms. This is the equivalent of assigning your RP1Rooms licenses to your video endpoint(s).
- Configuring your Polycom Group Series endpoint to RP1Rooms with the information you entered in the RP1.VC portal.
Note: Before beginning the registration process, the endpoint should already be installed and plugged into power, connected to the display monitor, and registered to your internal network.
1. Click the Manage RP1 Rooms tab from your RP1.VC dashboard. You will be taken to the Manage Rooms page.
2. Click the Add Room button to register a new RP1Rooms device.
Note: if you have previously registered rooms, they will appear in a table along with their status, SIP URI, and username. In the rightmost column, you will find a series of action buttons that allow you to edit, disable and delete the rooms.
3. Enter the room name.
4. Assign the room a username. Note the username you have chosen. It will be required in Step 13f.
5. Assign a password. Note the password you have chosen. It will be required in Step 13g.
6. Enter a Dial-in address (SIP URI). The Dial-in address (SIP URI) is composed of a name and an address, separated by @. Here you can select a name such as “boardroom” which will be assigned a prefix and added to the address (which s pre-set by an administrator). Note the Dial-in address (SIP URI) you have chosen. It will be required in Step 13e.
7. Click the Addbutton once all fields are completed. You have now registered your endpoint with RP1Rooms, continue following the steps to configure your Endpoint through Polycom.
8. Obtain the endpoint’s IP address by following these steps:
a. Turn on the Group Series Unit.
b. Look for My IP:followed by your device's IP address in the bottom left corner of the display.
9. Enter the device’s IP address in your PCs browser address line.
Note: Your endpoint must be turned on and connected to the same network as your computer. Otherwise, you will be unable to point your browser to the IP address you obtained.
10. A warning may appear. If so, complete the following steps. If not continue to step 11.
Note: The following steps/screenshots are in Google Chrome. The experience will vary based on the browser used.
a. Click Advanced.
b. Click Proceed to <IP Address> (unsafe) at the bottom of the dialogue box.
11. Log into the Polycom device portal.
12. Select Server Settings > Call Server
13. Match the following settings:
a.Communication Protocol: SIP
b.Transport Protocol: UDP
c. Enable SIP Registration: Enable
d.Proxy Server: vc
e.Sing-In Address: <Dial-in address (SIP URI) created in RP1Rooms> (Created in step 6)
f.Authentication User Name: <Username and prefix from RP1Rooms> (Created in step 4)
g.Password: Enter Password: <Password created in RP1Rooms> (Created in step 5)
14. Click Submit. The registration status should now say Registered.
15. To confirm, go to Device Status, you will see SIP - rp1room.vc - Registered