This article is about:
Accessing your RP1.VC portal and registering your rooms. This is the equivalent of assigning your RP1Rooms licenses to your video endpoint(s).
- Configuring your Polycom VVX to RP1Rooms with the information you entered in the RP1.VC portal.
Note: Before beginning the registration process, the endpoint should already be installed and plugged into power, connected to the display monitor, and registered to your internal network.
- Click the Manage Rooms tab from your RP1.VC dashboard. You will be taken to the Manage Rooms page.
- Click the Add Room button to register a new RP1Rooms device.
Note: if you have previously registered rooms, they will appear in a table along with their status, Dial-in address (SIP URI), and username. In the rightmost column, you will find a series of action buttons that allow you to edit, disable and delete the rooms.
Enter the room name.
Assign the room a username. A prefix will be added to the username. Refer to the table on the Manage Rooms page to see the username and prefix. Note the username and prefix. It will be required in Step 15c.
Assign a password. Note the password you have chosen. It will be required in Step 15d.
Enter a Dial-in address (SIP URI). The Dial-in address (SIP URI) is composed of a name and an address, separated by @. Here you can select a name such as “boardroom” which will be assigned a prefix and added to the address (which is pre-set by an administrator). Note the SIP URI you have chosen. It will be required in 15b.
Click the Add button once all fields are complete. You have now registered your endpoint with RP1Rooms, continue following the steps to configure your Endpoint through Polycom.
- Obtain the VVX system’s IP address by following these steps:
Turn on the VVX.
- Tap the Settings icon on the home screen.
- Tap the Status… option.
- Tap the Platform… option.
- Tap the Phone… option
- Note the IP address as listed here.
- Open a web browser on your computer and enter the VVX IP address in the browser address line. Using the example in (f) above, you would point your browser to https://10.88.100.13
Note: Your endpoint must be turned on and connected to the same network as your computer. Otherwise, you will be unable to point your browser to the IP address you obtained.
- A warning page may appear. If so, complete the following steps. If not continue to step 11.
Note: The following steps/screenshots are in Google Chrome. The experience will vary based on the browser used.
- Click Advanced.
- Click Proceed to <IP Address> (unsafe) at the bottom of the dialogue box.
- Log into the Polycom device portal. If the unit has been previously programmed, input the original login details then Jump to step 12. If this is a new device, do the following:
Click the Admin box
Enter default password: 456
- Click the Submit button.
- Click the Simple Setup tab in the dashboard.
- Open the SIP Server dropdown menu and match the following settings:
- Address: rp1rooms.vc
- Port: 5060
- Open the SIP Line Identification dropdown menu and match the following settings:
Display name: <Name the people you are calling will see>
Address: <Dial-in address (SIP URI) created in RP1Rooms> (Created in Step 6)
Authentication User ID: <Username and prefix from RP1Rooms> (Created in Step 4)
Authentication Password: <Password created in RP1Rooms> (Created in Step 5)
Label: <name on your endpoint screen>
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click Save. The VVX is now registered to RP1Rooms.