Supported versions: Google Chrome 35+
IMPORTANT: We have some helpful videos outlining the steps below. Have a look!
Here's one for RP1Cloud Plug-In Instructions for Chrome-MAC
Installing the Google Chrome Plug-in for MAC
- As a first-time user of RP1Cloud, you’ll need to install a Polycom RealPresence Web Suite plug-in.
- Click the web link provided in your meeting invitation, and it will take you to the login page. Enter your name and the credentials provided, and click the Join Meeting button.
- Click the Start via browser option. If you have not downloaded the plug-in, you’ll be prompted to do so.
- Click the Click to add button.
- Chrome will open the ‘Polycom RealPresence Web Suite Extension’ page. Click the ADD TO CHROME button. NOTE: If your browser is in incognito mode, the Polycom Chr ome extension cannot be added from the web store. Relaunch the meeting in a window that does not have incognito mode enabled ( shortcut Ctrl+N).
- A notification will prompt you to proceed with the extension. Click the Add extension button.
- Once added, you’ll see a confirmation.
- Close the Chrome Extensions tab (seen below and highlighted with the red arrow) to proceed with the next step.
- Now that the Chrome Extensions tab has been closed per the above step, you will need to install the ‘Polycom RealPresence Web Suite’ plug-in. Click the Download and Install button. NOTE: If you receive a 404 error or blank dark grey screen, refresh or restart your browser, and click on the meeting link again. You should be prompted to continue with the rest of the installation.
- Once downloaded, you will receive a download notification (bottom left of screen). Click the button to start.
- Click the Agree button to agree to the terms.
- Double-click the Install icon to begin the installation process.
- Click the Open button.
- After completion, click the OK button.
- On the Join Meeting screen, click on the Settings icon to select your call quality, audio and video devices.
- Make your device selections. Devices need to be already plugged in to appear in the drop down menus. Call quality defaults at “High”, which is 720p and uses up to 1 024kbps of bandwidth. Devices need to be already plugged in to appear.
- Click the Back button, and then continue to the meeting.
- After completing the plugin installation, you may need to restart your browser if the screen hangs on the join screen.
- If your computer is managed centrally by IT, you may not have administrative rights to install software on your computer at all. In this situation, please ask your IT administrator to follow the steps outlined in this document.
NOTE: You can also access the PDF guide for this topic in the Resources section on our website.