HHS’ Office for Civil Rights is responsible for enforcing the Privacy and Security Rules. Enforcement of the Privacy Rule began April 14, 2003 for most HIPAA covered entities. Since 2003, OCR's enforcement activities have obtained significant results that have improved the privacy practices of covered entities. The corrective actions obtained by OCR from covered entities have resulted in systemic change that has improved the privacy protection of health information for all individuals they serve.
Articles in this section
- How are HIPAA and HITECH related?
- RP1Cloud recordings are protected
- RP1Cloud and encrypted data
- Pragmatic has a Privacy Officer and Security Officer
- RP1Cloud and access to identifiable ePHI
- Pragmatic employees are training concerning HIPAA compliance
- Who must comply with HIPAA?
- Who enforces HIPAA compliance?
- What does HIPAA compliance mean?