No. The prospective customer (a Covered Entity) will bring this up in a conversation when they are ready. There is no need to proactively seek out the BAA. If the prospective customer is a Covered Entity under HIPAA, they are well aware they need to submit a BAA to us and they will do so at the appropriate time.
Articles in this section
- Does Pragmatic ask the Covered Entity if they are HIPAA compliant?
- Does Pragmatic proactivley solicit a Business Associate Agreement?
- How much lead-time is required for Pragmatic to review a BAA before signing it?
- Who signs the Business Associate Agreement?
- Are all Business Associate Agreements alike?
- Why is a Business Associate Agreement required?
- Is a Business Associate Agreement a legal document?
- What is a Business Associate Agreement?